Zarechny coal mine
|This article is part of the Global Coal Mine Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
|Please visit Global Energy Monitor to download the dataset|
The Zarechny Coal Mine (разрез Заречный) is an operating surface coal mine in Kemerovo Oblast, Russia.
The map below shows the exact location of the mine, near Bolshaya Talda, in Prokopyevsky District, Kemerovo Oblast, Russia.
The Zarechny coal mine is operated by SUEK-Kuzbass, a subsidiary of the Siberian Coal Energy Company (SUEK).
The mine was put in operation by SUEK around 2003 with the production of 1.5 million tonnes per year with a plan to reach the design capacity of 2 million tonnes.
In 2017, the company announced several projects that would increase the capacity of the Zarechny coal mine to 6 mtpa, such as purchase of seven heavy-duty dump trucks with a payload capacity of 220 tonnes, which allowed the company to increase the efficiency of freight transportation.
This program to update equipment continued through 2018 and 2019, with a new electrohydraulic excavator, drilling rigs, wheel loaders, and a crawler dozer all bought for the facility. In 2018, $17.4 million in total was invested in the development of the Zarechny coal mine and in 2019, the investment was expected to exceed $38 million. Additionally, SUEK was developing a new site at the Zarechny open-pit mine. The new section Zarechny-Severny was commissioned in 2018.
In 2021, the main section of the coal mine achieved production of over 4 million tonnes, while Zarechny-Severny section added another 2 million, with joint production exceeding 6 million tonnes.
Over January-June 2022, production contracted to 2.8 million tonnes, 500 thousand tonnes lower than in the same period in 2021.
- Operator: SUEK-Kuzbass
- Owner: Siberian Coal Energy Company (SUEK)
- Location: Bolshaya Talda, Prokopyevsky District, Kemerovo Oblast, Russia
- GPS Coordinates: 54.152181, 87.122784 (exact)
- Status: Operating
- Production Capacity: 3.5 mtpa (2019), 6 million tonnes (2021)
- Total Resource:
- Mineable Reserves: 116 Mt (2020), 110 Mt (2021)
- Coal type: Bituminous (Thermal)
- Mine Type: Surface
- Start Year: 2003 / 2018
- Source of Financing:
Articles and resources
- Разрез «Заречный», Wikimapia, accessed Mar. 2021.
- "SUEK manages Sokolovskaya coal," "Kommersant," February 19, 2004.
- "INTEGRATED REPORT 2017," "SUEK," 2017.
- "SUEK details major investments in mining fleet for new Zarechny open pit coal mine," "International Mining," August 20, 2019.
- "Коллектив «Разрезоуправления «СУЭК-Кузбасс» досрочно выполнил годовой план". suek.ru. December 13, 2021.
- "СУЭК удерживает добычу за счет бурого угля". argusmedia.com. July 27, 2022.
- SUEK (page 161). "Annual report 2021". Check date values in: