Zarechny coal mine
The Zarechny coal mine is an operating coal mine in Kemerovo Oblast, Russia.
The map below shows the location of the mine, near Bolshaya Talda, in Prokopyevsky District, Kemerovo Oblast, Russia.
Around 2003, SUEK put into operation a new open-pit mine "Zarechny" with the production of 1.5 million tons of coal per year (with further reaching the design capacity of 2 million tons).
In 2019, the company reached a capacity of around 3.5 mtpa.
In 2017, the company announced several projects that would increase the capacity of the Zarechny open pit to 6 mtpa, such as purchase of seven heavy-duty dump trucks with a payload capacity of 220 tonnes, which allowed the company to increase the efficiency of freight transportation.
This program to update equipment continued through 2018 and 2019, with a new electrohydraulic excavator, drilling rigs, wheel loaders, and a crawler dozer all bought for the facility. Additionally, SUEK began developing a new site at the Zarechny open-pit mine.
- Sponsor: JSC SUEK
- Parent Company: Siberian Coal Energy Company (SUEK)
- Location: Bolshaya Talda, Prokopyevsky District, Kemerovo Oblast, Russia
- GPS Coordinates: 54.152181, 87.122784 (exact)
- Status: Operating
- Production Capacity: 3.5 mtpa
- Total Resource:
- Mineable Reserves: 116 million tons
- Coal type: Thermal
- Mine Size:
- Mine Type: underground
- Start Year: 2003
- Source of Financing:
Second stage of the project
- Status: Proposed
- Production Capacity: Increase of 2.5 mtpa, which would increase total production capacity to 6 mtpa 
- Mineable Reserves:
- Start Year:
Related GEM.wiki articles
- "Reduction in seismic impact of large-scale blasting in open pit mines on the stability of rocks and underground structures in hybrid coal mining," "ResearchGate," December 2016.
- Разрез «Заречный», Wikimapia, accessed Mar. 2021.
- "SUEK manages Sokolovskaya coal," "Kommersant," February 19, 2004.
- "INTEGRATED REPORT 2017," "SUEK," 2017.
- "SUEK details major investments in mining fleet for new Zarechny open pit coal mine," "International Mining," August 20, 2019.
- JSC SUEK, [file:///Users/gem/Downloads/SUEK_AR20_ENG%20(1).pdf "Integrated Report 2020"], SUEK website, Accessed June 2021.
- "An expanded asset base," "SUEK website," accessed August 2020.