Zaule LNG Terminal
|This article is part of the Global Fossil Infrastructure Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
Zaule LNG Terminal is a proposed LNG terminal in Trieste Province, Italy.
The map below shows the location of the project, in Trieste, Trieste Province, Friuli-Venezia Giulia Region.
- Owner:Gas Natural Fenosa
- Location: Trieste, Trieste Province, Friuli-Venezia Giulia Region, Italy
- Coordinates: 45.61239, 13.79281 (exact)
- Capacity: 5.4 mtpa, 0.77 bcfd
- Status: Cancelled
- Type: Import
- Start Year: Unknown
Note: mtpa = million tonnes per year; bcfd = billion cubic feet per day
Zaule LNG Terminal is a proposed liquefied natural gas (LNG) terminal in Trieste, Italy. The project was first proposed by Spanish firm Gas Natural Fenosa in 2004. It would cost about $600 million.
In May 2018 Gas Natural Fenosa cancelled the project.
Articles and resources
- Carlo Franzosini et al, The regasification terminal of Triest, Legambiente Trieste, 2009.
- Gas Natural obtains environmental approval for its regasification terminal project in Trieste, Italy, Gas Natural Fenosa press release, 16 July 2009.
- Gas, Italy-Slovenia dispute over Zaule LNG terminal, Nuova Europa, 25 July 2013.
- Slovenija traži objašnjenja o projektu LNG Zaule kod Trsta, Croenergo, 5 Mar. 2015.
- Gas Natural's sees setback for Trieste LNG plant, Reuters UK, 5 Apr. 2013.
- LNG Trieste, MOED Officially Opens the Procedure, SNAM, 23 March 2015.
- Gas Natural Fenosa bins Zaule LNG project in Italy, LNG World News, May 31, 2018