Zhangzhou LNG Terminal
|This article is part of the Global Fossil Infrastructure Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
Zhangzhou LNG Terminal (漳州LNG接收站) is a proposed LNG terminal in Fujian, China.
- Sponsor: PipeChina Fujian Investment Natural Gas Co., Ltd 国家管网集团闽投（福建）天然气有限责任公司
- Owner: PipeChina 60.0003%; Fujian Investment Development Group 福建省投资开发集团有限责任公司 39.9997%.
- Parent: PipeChina
- Location: Longhai, Zhangzhou, Fujian, China
- Coordinates: 24.265361, 118.1276 (exact)
- Capacity: 3 mtpa, 0.43 bcfd
- Proposed Capacity:
- Status: Construction
- Type: Import
- Start Year: 2021
Note: mtpa = million tonnes per year; bcfd = billion cubic feet per day
Zhangzhou LNG Terminal is a proposed 3 mtpa LNG import terminal in Fujian, China. The project is sponsored by CNOOC and is planned for 2021. The project was approved for construction in November 2017. Construction of the terminal began in September 2018.
In February 9, 2019, the National Petroleum and Natural Gas Pipeline Group Co., Ltd. (PipeChina) was established with a major focus on the investment and construction of the long-distance oil and gas pipeline network and storage & peaking facilities, offering fair and open oil and gas pipeline transmission services. 10 existing and under-construction LNG terminals were reportedly transferred or are going to transfer their ownerships to PipeChina. Zhangzhou LNG terminal is one of them.
Articles and resources
- 漳州LNG项目申请报告通过专家组评估, Gaspower.cnooc.com, 22 June 2017
- "漳州液化天然气（LNG）接收站项目获批！ 就在龙海，项目已开工，总投资约71.1亿元," Sohu, 2017-11-22
- No let-up in pace of new China LNG terminal projects, LNG World Shipping, Oct. 26, 2018
- "集团简介--国家管网公司". www.pipechina.com.cn. Retrieved 2021-04-16.
- ""三桶油"的这十座LNG接收站，或划入国家管网公司". finance.sina.com.cn. Retrieved 2021-04-16.