Zhaofeng Aluminum captive power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Zhaofeng Aluminum captive power station (阳煤兆丰铝业自备电厂) is a 405-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power station in Pingding, Yangquan, Shanxi Province, China.
The map below shows the location of the power station in Pingding, Yangquan, Shanxi Province, China.
The Zhaofeng Aluminum captive power station was commissioned in 2006, after a revitalization of the coal industry. The power plant was constructed along with an alumina branch, coal gangue captive power plant, alumina thermal power plant, and an electrolytic aluminum branch, to serve Zhaofeng Aluminum's operations.
The plant, along with its other aluminum processing equipments and facilities, has 405,000 kilowatt-hours (kWh) of annual power generation capacity, 100,000 tons of electrolytic aluminum production capacity and 400,000 tons of alumina production capacity. The annual operating income from the entire facility is estimated to exceed 5 billion yuan.
Zhaofeng Aluminum receives its alumina supplies from the surrounding area of Yangquan, which has total reserves of more than 600 million tons of alumina.
From January 2015 to May 2016, the plant was not in operation as the demand for aluminum was too low. It has since resumed operations.
- Sponsor: Zhaofeng Aluminum
- Parent company: Yangquan Coal Industry Group
- Location: Pingding, Yangquan, Shanxi Province, China
- Coordinates: 37.7674, 113.5808 (exact)
- Coal type: Waste coal
- Coal source: Unknown
- Gross generating capacity (operating): 405 MW
- Unit 1: Coal-fired (unknown combustion technology), 135 MW (start-up in 2006)
- Unit 2: Coal-fired (unknown combustion technology), 135 MW (start-up in 2006)
- Unit 3: Coal-fired (unknown combustion technology), 135 MW (start-up in 2006)
Articles and Resources
- Zheng, Mingjing (2016-05-31). "董一兵到兆丰铝业有限责任公司调研-新闻频道-手机搜狐". Sohu News. Retrieved 2021-06-04.
- "董一兵到兆丰铝业有限责任公司调研". Sohu News. 2016-05-31. Retrieved 2021-06-04.
- "电解铝产业沉浮 阳煤独握资源牌_滚动新闻_新浪财经_新浪网". Sina News. January 5, 2010. Retrieved 2021-06-04.
- "阳煤集团兆丰电解铝一分厂复产". KK News. May 23, 2016. Retrieved 2021-06-04.