Beilun power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Beilun power station 浙江北仑发电厂 is a 5,060 megawatt coal-fired power station in Zhejiang, China.
The undated satellite photo below shows the plant in Beilun District, Ningbo, Zhejiang Province.
The power station consists of seven units that were built from 1991-2009. The first five units are subcritical technology (although unit 3 has been upgraded), and units 6-7 are ultra-supercritical.
The power station is the first power project in China that received funding from the World Bank.
The power plant was divided into three companies: units 1 and 2 are operated by Guodian Zhejiang Beilun No.1 Power Generation Company (国电浙江北仑第一发电有限公司), which is majority-owned by China Guodian.. Units 3, 4, and 5 belong to Zhejiang Zheneng Beilun Power Generation Company (浙江浙能北仑发电有限公司), which is majority-owned by Zhejiang Provincial Energy Group. Guodian Zhejiang Beilun No.3 Power Generation Company (国电浙江北仑第三发电有限公司) is the operating company of unit 6 and 7.
On August 28 2017, China's State-owned Assets Supervision and Administration Commission of the State Council (SASAC) announced that China Guodian Corporation and Shenhua Group will be jointly restructured. Shenhua Group will become China National Energy Investment Group and will absorb China Guodian Corporation. It will be the largest power company in the world by installed capacity, as well as the world's largest coal producer. The merger was completed on November 28, 2017.
- Sponsor: Beijing Guodian Power Co,. Ltd. 北京国电电力有限公司 70% of unit 1&2, 49% of unit 3-5, 50% of unit 6 &7; Zhejiang Zheneng Power Co,. Ltd. 浙江浙能电力股份有限公司 30% of unit 1&2, 51% of unit 3-5, 40% of unit 6&7; Ningbo Thermal Power Co., Ltd.宁波热电股份有限公司 10% of unit 6&7.
- Parent: National Energy Investment Group, Zhejiang Provincial Energy Group
- Location: Beilun District, Ningbo, Zhejiang, China
- Coordinates: 29.9436, 121.8158 (exact)
- Status: Operating
- Gross Capacity: 5,060 MW
- Units 1,2,4,5: 600 MW
- Unit 3: 660 MW
- Units 6-7: 1,000 MW
- Units 1-5: Subcritical
- Units 6-7: Ultra-supercritical
- Years built: 1991-2009
- Coal Type: Bituminous
- Coal Source: Imported
Articles and resources
- "Coal-Fired Plants in Zhejiang," industcards, accessed July 2015
- Beilungang Thermal Power Project, The World Bank
- 国电浙江北仑第一发电有限公司 QCC.com
- 浙江浙能北仑发电有限公司 QCC.com
- 国电浙江北仑第三发电有限公司 QCC.com
- "Factbox: Shenhua and Guodian - China's latest state marriage". Reuters. 29 August 2017. Retrieved 30 August 2017.
- "China Is Creating the World's Largest Power Company". Bloomberg News. 28 August 2017. Retrieved 29 August 2017.
- "China’s Newly-Established National Energy Investment Group Sets World Records in Its Sector, With Assets of Over CNY1.8 Trillion," Yicai Global, 11-28-2017