Zhejiang Zhenhai power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Zhejiang Zhenhai power station (浙能镇海发电公司) is a 1,320-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in Zhejiang Province, China.
The undated satellite photo below shows the now retired Zhejiang Zhenhai-1 power station in Hongqiao Town, Zhenhai District, Ningbo, Zhejiang Province.
The undated satellite photo below shows Zhejiang Zhenhai-2 power station in Niluoshan, Zhenhai.
Zhejiang Zhenhai-1 power station
The first two units of Zhejiang Zhenhai-1 power station, Units 1-2, were fired by petroleum and retired in 2003. Units 3-6 totaling 860 MW (4 x 215 MW) were brought online between 1985 and 1990. The plant is owned by Zhejiang Provincial Energy Group.
Units 3-4 were retired in December 2018.
Zhejiang Zhenhai-2 power station
Zhejiang Energy Group is currently planning to build the two-unit coal-fired Zhejiang Zhenhai-2 power station, with a total planned capacity of 1,320 MW. 
Zhejiang Zhenhai-2 was permitted in August 2016.
Construction began in January 2019. Once the new units are commissioned, Zhenhai-1 will be retired.
Zhejiang Zhenhai-2 was commissioned in 2020.
Plant Details for Zhejiang Zhenhai-2 power station
- Sponsor: Zhejiang Zhenhai Power Generation Co
- Parent company: Zhejiang Provincial Energy Group
- Location: Niluoshan, Zhenhai District, Ningbo Prefecture, Zhejiang Province, China
- Coordinates: 30.046415, 121.655241 (exact)
- Status: Operating
- Gross capacity: 1,320 MW (Units 1 & 2: 660 MW)
- Type: Ultra-supercritical
- Start year: 2020
- Coal type:
- Coal source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- "浙江镇海发电有限责任公司," Baidu Baike, accessed November 2014
- "浙江浙能电力关于镇海电厂3、4号机组关停的公告," 北极星电力网, 2018/12/27
- 浙江：今年共有27台发电机组被列入淘汰目标（附清单) BJX News, 来源:浙江省发改委, 6/8/2020
- "浙能镇电迁建项目1号机组正式投产". www.thehour.cn. 2020-10-23. Retrieved 2020-12-14.
- "浙能镇海电厂燃煤机组搬迁改造项目获核准," 国际电力网, 2016-08-08
- "中国能建浙江火电承建镇海电厂2号机组主体工程开工," 北极星电力网新闻中心, 2019/1/18