Zheneng Liuheng power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Zheneng Liuheng power station (浙能中煤舟山煤电公司六横发电厂) is a 2,000-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in Zhejiang Province, China.
An additional 2,000 MW is proposed.
The photo below shows the plant in Liuheng Town (Liuhengzhen), Putuo District, Zhoushan Prefecture, Zhejiang Province.
Background on Project
In late 2021, the local government anticipated getting a permit by the end of the year and beginning construction soon after. It was planning to install controversial CCUS technology to curb emissions.
The additional capacity was permitted in February 2022. The first unit was planned to be completed and put into operation by the end of December 2024.
- Units 1-2: Zhejiang Zheneng Elec Pow Co
- Units 3-4: Zhejiang Zheneng Zhongmei Zhoushan Coal Power Co., Ltd.
- Units 1-2: Zhejiang Provincial Energy Group (56%), ChinaCoal (27%), Other (10%), Liqin Investment Company (7%)
- Units 3-4: Zhejiang Provincial Energy Group (63%), ChinaCoal (27%)
- Location: Liuheng Town (Liuhengzhen), Putuo District, Zhoushan Prefecture, Zhejiang Province, China
- Coordinates: 29.7593387, 122.1266091 (exact)
- Units 1-2: Operating
- Units 3-4: Permitted
- Gross capacity:
- Units 1-2: 2,000 MW (2 x 1,000 MW)
- Units 3-4: 2,000 MW (2 x 1,000 MW)
- Type: Ultra-Supercritical
- In service: Units 1-2: 2014
- Coal type: Bituminous
- Coal source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- "各大媒体竞相报道六横电厂1号机组正式商业投产", 浙江省能源集团有限公司, 2014-07-11
- "浙能六横电厂1号燃煤发电机组投运 实现超低排放", 浙江在线, 2014-07-10
- "国内首家新建超低排放电厂——浙能六横电厂2号机组圆满通过168小时," CECX, 2014-09-18
- "浙江省拟新建2台百万机组 大唐&浙能合作建设," 北极星电力网新闻中心, 2021/8/10
- "2×1000MW！浙能六横电厂二期工程取得赋码," 北极星电力网新闻中心, 2021/10/20
- "六横加快推进煤电二期建设助力电力绿色保供," 地区管理员, 2021-11-05
- 中国浙江省批准浙能六横电厂二期和国能舟山三期煤电项目，总投资129亿元, Feb. 9, 2022