Zhenfeng power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Zhenfeng power station (贞丰县煤电冶一体化自备电厂热电联产动力站) is a 700-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant under development in Guizhou Province, China.
The map below shows the location where the power station is being built in Baiceng Town, Zhenfeng County. Satellite data from Planet shows construction progress from July 2017 to March 2018.
Background on Project
Zhenfeng County Power Investment Co. has proposed a coal-fired power station of four 350 MW units a 50 MW back-up unit in Zhenfeng County Industrial Park. Units 1-2 received a permit for construction from the Provincial DRC in 2015.
Construction on units 1-2 totaling 750 MW began in June 2017. The first unit is planned to go operation in 2018.
Units 3-5 are not under construction, but were planned for commissioning in 2022. However in February 2018, the Guizhou Development and Reform Commission (DRC) published a list of Key programs and Major Projects for the province's economic development in 2018, which will have priority for loans, land, and subsidies. There are five coal power projects on the list, not including Zhenfeng power station Units 3-5. Therefore, plans for units 3-5 appear to be postponed indefinitely.
- Sponsor: Zhenfeng County Power Investment Co.
- Parent company:
- Location: Baiceng Town, Zhengfeng County, Qianxinan AP Prefecture, Guizhou Province, China
- Coordinates: 25.377552,105.776871 (exact)
- Status: Operating (Units 1-2), Cancelled (Units 3-5)
- Gross capacity: 700 MW (Units 1&2: 350 MW); 750 MW (Unit 3: 50 MW, Units 4&5: 350 MW)
- Type: Supercritical
- Start year: 2019 (Units 1-2)
- Coal type:
- Coal source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- "黔西南州发改委组织召开热电联产动力车间项目加快推动前期工作业务培训会," Guizhou Development and Reform Commission, 2014-10-14
- "贞丰县煤电冶一体化热电项目成功获准," 2015-2-26
- "贵州贞丰热电联产工程正式开工," Power Construction Corporation of China, 2017-06-15
- "贵州贞丰县煤电冶一体化工业园热电联产动力车间项目2号机组实现168小时试运行," SEPCO, 2019-11-26
- "东北院监理的贞丰县煤电冶一体化工业园项目 1号、2号机组顺利通过168试运行," CEEC, 2019-12-17