Zhongrun Xing County power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Zhongrun Xing County power station (中铝山西华润有限公司自备电厂) is a proposed 1,320-megawatt (MW) waste coal-fired power plant in Shanxi Province, China.
The map below shows the proposed location for the plant in Xing County.
Background on Project
CHALCO and China Resources have proposed a 2 x 660 MW waste coal power station in Weijiatan Town, Xing County.
Nationwide Restrictions Imposed on Development of Coal-Fired Power Capacity
In January 2017 China's National Energy Administration suspended over 100 planned and under-construction coal power projects with a total capacity of over 100GW in 13 provinces, including Zhongrun Xing. It is unclear when or if the projects will be revived.
For details, see China's 2016 Restrictions on Development of Coal-Fired Power Capacity.
- Sponsor: CHALCO (40%), China Resources (20%), Shanxi Coking Coal Group (20%), Jinneng Guoup (20%)
- Location: Weijiatan Town, Xing County, Lüliang Prefecture, Shanxi Province, China
- Coordinates: 38.62944, 110.981674 (exact)
- Status: Shelved
- Gross capacity: 1,320 MW (Units 1 & 2: 660 MW)
- Type: Ultra-supercritical
- Projected in service:
- Coal type: Waste coal
- Coal source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- "山西中铝华润有限公司自备电厂一期2×660MW项目泉域水环境影响评价报告编制及评审二次招标公告," Oct 9, 2016
- "能源局下发13省市新建火电机组停建清单(附文件)," Polaris, Jan 16, 2017