Zhongtai Toksun power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
The Zhongtai Toksun power station (新疆中泰化学托克逊能化公司动力站) is a 1,200-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power station under development in Xinjiang province, China.
The undated satellite photo below shows the plant in Toksun county.
Background on Plant
The power station will consist of four units of 300 MW each in the county of Toksun. It is proposed by Zhongtai Chemical Co. As of 2014 Units 1 and 2 are under construction, and were completed in 2015.
2016: Nationwide Restrictions Imposed on Development of Coal-Fired Power Capacity
Due to new restrictions announced during 2016 by the National Energy Administration and the National Development and Reform Commission, further capacity expansions at this location appear to be on hold or cancelled. For details, see China's 2016 Restrictions on Development of Coal-Fired Power Capacity.
- Sponsor: Zhongtai Chemical
- Parent company: Xinjiang Zhongtai Chemical Company
- Location: Toksun county, Turpan prefecture, Xinjiang province, China
- Coordinates: 42.736979, 88.645011 (exact)
- Status: Operating (Units 1 & 2); Cancelled (Units 3 & 4)
- Capacity: 1,200 MW (Units 1-4: 300 MW)
- Projected in service: 2015 (Units 1 & 2)
- Type: Subcritical
- Coal type:
- Coal source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- "中泰化学托克逊年产 200 万吨电石及 配套 4×300MW 动力站项目 环境 影响 报告 书（简 本）," Project report, accessed October 2014
- "自治区发改委主任张春林一行赴托克逊能化调研," Zhongtai Chemical website, 2014-09-02
- "新疆电力公司积极承担社会责任 支持企业并网发电 中泰化学托克逊能化动力站一次并网发电成功 中泰化学给电力部门送锦旗," Zhongtai Chemical, 2015-07-27