Zibulo coal mine
The Zibulo coal mine is an operating coal mine near Ogies, in Mpumalanga, South Africa.
The map below shows the exact location of the project.
The construction of the Zibulo Colliery began in 2008, and officially launched the mine in 2012. The mine was planned to deliver 8 million tons per annum (Mtpa) over a life of 20 years, with 7 Mtpa from its underground mine and the remaining 1 Mtpa from its opencast pit. Saleable production was approximated to be 6 Mtpa.
Zibulo is 100% owned by Anglo Inyosi Coal Pty Ltd, a broad-based black economic empowerment company. It is 73% owned by Anglo American and 27% by Inyosi.
- Sponsor: Anglo Inyosi Coal Pty Ltd
- Parent Company: Anglo American plc (73%), Inyosi (27%)
- Location: near Ogies, Emalahleni municipality, Nkangala district, Mpumalanga
- GPS Coordinates: -26.1994277, 29.0084596 (exact)
- Status: Operating
- Production Capacity: 5.39 Mtpa (in 2019)
- Total Resource: 423.5 Mt
- Mineable Reserves: 53 Mt
- Coal type: Thermal, bituminous
- Mine Size:
- Mine Type: opencast, underground (bord and pillar)
- Start Year: 2012
- Source of Financing: