AMC coal mines
|This article is part of the |
Global Coal Mine Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.
The company has long proposed to increase production through the IndoMet Coal Project.
The map below shows the approximate location of the mines.
AMC Coal Mines include five coal concessions, including PT Lahai Coal (LC), PT Maruwai Coal (MC), PT Sumber Barito Coal (SBC), PT Kalteng Coal (KC) and PT Juloi Coal (JC).
The concession areas are located in the Central Kalimantan and East Kalimantan province with a total area of 146,579 hectares. As of 31 December 2022, two out of five subsidiaries, i.e. PT Lahai Coal (LC) and PT Maruwai Coal (MC) have been operational, while PT Sumber Barito Coal (SBC), PT Kalteng Coal (KC) and PT Juloi Coal (JC) were still in Operation Production phase. 
While the mine was previously owned and operated by Adaro Metcoal Companies (AMC), in 2022, Adaro moved its metallurgical coal assets under PT Adaro Minerals Indonesia Tbk.
- Operator: PT Adaro Minerals Indonesia Tbk
- Owner: PT Adaro Minerals Indonesia Tbk
- Location: Lampunut, Murung Raya Regency, Central Kalimantan Province, Indonesia
- Coordinates:0.224239, 113.550687 (approximate)
- Status: Operating
- Mine Type: Surface
- Production: 3.37 million tonnes(2022)
- Reserves: 165.4 million tonnes
- Resource: 975 million tonnes
- Source of financing:
- Permits and applications: