A North coal mine
|This article is part of the Global Coal Mine Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
A North Coal Mine is a proposed mine in Balingian, Sarawak, Malaysia.
The map below shows the exact location of the mine.
Sarawak Energy own the site of the proposed mine, which is due to begin producing coal in 2021. The purpose of the mine will be to supply the Sarawak Energy power plant, Balingian New power station, which is on the same company site. The company is progressing towards the development of the site following an exploration program.
- Operator: Sarawak Energy 
- Owner: Sarawak Energy 
- Location: Balingian, Sarawak, Malaysia 
- Coordinates: 2.7408969, 112.4729203 (Exact)
- Status: Operating
- Production: 1 million tonnes per annum (Mtpa) 
- Total Reserves: 50 million tonnes 
- Mineable Reserves:
- Coal Type: (Thermal)
- Mine Type:
- Start Year: 2021 
- Source of Financing:
Articles and resources
- Sarawak Energy, "Tender Summary", Accessed April 2021