AboitizPower Corporation is a power generation and distribution and company which is listed on the Philippines Stock Exchange. The company owns and operates hydro, oil and coal fired power stations. It is also currently building a geothermal power station, several hydro schemes and is lobbying for the approval of new coal fired power stations.
Proposed coal fired power stations
- Binugao power station, a proposed 300 megawatt (MW) coal-fired power station in Binugao in Toril, Davao City, Philippines. The proponent of the power station is Therma South, a subsidiary of AboitizPower. The proposed power station, while supported by the local government and industry associations, is opposed by a coalition of residents, church groups and environmentalists.
- Toledo City power station (Aboitiz), a proposed R125 billion, 300-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant for Toledo City, Cebu, in the Philippines, expected to be operational by late 2016 or early 2017.
Aboitiz Corporate Center
Gov. Manuel A. Cuenco Avenue
Kasambagan, Cebu City 6000
Tel. No. (63-32) 411-1800
Fax No. (63-32) 231-4031
Articles and resources
- AboitizPower, "The Company", AboitizPower Corporation website, accessed May 2011.
- Virgil Lopez, "Aboitiz offers to build coal plant in Mindanao", Sun-Star Manila, April 30, 2011.
- Jeffrey Tupas, "Davao City residents oppose building of coal-fired power plant" Inquirer Politics, March 10, 2011.
- Iris C. Gonzales, "Aboitiz lays groundwork for 300-MW Toledo plant," The Philippine Star, August 20, 2013.