Acerinox Columbus Stainless steel plant
From Global Energy Monitor
|This article is part of the Global Steel Plant Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
Acerinox Columbus Stainless is a stainless steel plant in Middelburg, South Africa.
The map below shows the location of the steel plant in Middelburg, South Africa.
- Private/State ownership: mixture (IDC (Industrial Development Corporation)
- Parent company: Acerinox, S.A. (Spain) 76%, IDC (Industrial Development Corporation) 24%
- Owner: Columbus Stainless (Pty) Ltd.
- Location: Hendrina Rd, Middelburg, 1050, South Africa
- GPS Coordinates: -25.796313, 29.497972 (exact)
- Plant status: operating
- Start year: 1966 (age 54–55)
- Production capacities (thousand tonnes per annum):
- Crude steel: 750 (EAF)
- Steel product category: flat
- Steel products: stainless, slab, coil, plate, sheet
- Steelmaking process: electric
- Primary steel production equipment: electric arc furnaces (EAF) (# unknown)
Articles and resources
- Contact Us, Columbus Stainless, Retrieved on: Sep. 2, 2020
- South African Steel Producers Handbook, Department of Mineral Resources, Republic of South Africa, 2011, Retrieved on: Sep. 2, 2020
- About Columbus Stainless, Columbus Stainless, Retrieved on: Sep. 2, 2020
- 2015 Minerals Yearbook South Africa, USGS, Sep. 2019
- Process Diagram, Columbus Stainless, Retrieved on: Sep. 2, 2020