Afşin-Elbistan coal mines
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of Turkey and coal.|
The Afşin-Elbistan coal mines are a network of opencast and underground mines, operated by Euas Electricity Generation Company (Elektrik Üretim A.Ş, EÜAŞ) with a capacity of 14 million tonnes per annum, in Kahramanmaraş, Turkey.
The mines provide fuel to the proposed Afşin-Elbistan power complex. The complex includes the Afşin-C, Afşin-D, Afşin-E, and Kışlaköy mines.
The map below shows the exact location of the Afşin-Elbistan mines in Kahramanmaraş, Turkey.
- Owner: Euas Electricity Generation Company (Elektrik Üretim A.Ş, EÜAŞ)
- Parent company:
- Location: Kahramanmaraş, Turkey
- GPS coordinates: 38.340685, 37.082979 (exact)
- Mine status: operating
- Production: 14 MTPA
- Mineable reserves: 5000 MT
- Start year: 1981
- Coal type: lignite
- Mine type: surface and underground
- Power station: Afşin-Elbistan power complex