Afşin-Elbistan coal mines
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of Turkey and coal.|
The Afşin-Elbistan coal mines are a network of opencast and underground mines, operated by Euas Electricity Generation Company (Elektrik Üretim A.Ş, EÜAŞ) with a capacity of 14 million tonnes per annum, in Kahramanmaraş, Turkey.
The mines provide fuel to the proposed Afşin-Elbistan power complex. The complex includes the Afşin-C, Afşin-D, Afşin-E, and Kışlaköy mines.
The map below shows the exact location of the Afşin-Elbistan mines in Kahramanmaraş, Turkey.
- Owner: Euas Electricity Generation Company (Elektrik Üretim A.Ş, EÜAŞ)
- Parent company:
- Location: Kahramanmaraş, Turkey
- GPS coordinates: 38.340685, 37.082979 (exact)
- Mine status: operating
- Production: 14 million tonnes per annum
- Reserves: 3400 million tonnes resources in basin; with 4840 million tonnes (2013)
- Start year: 1981
- Coal type: lignite
- Mine type: surface and underground
- Power station: Afşin-Elbistan power complex
Articles and resources
- Philip M. Mobbs, "2010 Minerals Yearbook: Turkey", United States Geological Survey, April 2012, page 56.7
- Association of British Mining Equipment Companies, Turkey Mining Overview, March 2019.
- Prospects for coal and clean coal technologies in Turkey, IEA Clean Coal Center], July 2014