Afyon Uluköy coal mine
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of Turkey and coal.|
The Afyon Uluköy coal mine is a proposed underground mine, producing 5.5 million tonnes per annum, for the proposed Uluköy power station in Afyon province, Turkey.
The satellite photo below shows the mine and plant, which is near Uluköy village, Dinar district, Afyon province.
Background on Project
In June 2013, KLK Madencilik (a subsidiary of the Kulak Group) began the environmental permitting process to build a 640-MW, $675 million, mine-to-mouth coal-fired power plant in Afyon province. The plant would be built alongside a new KLK lignite coal mine with approximately 151 million tons of reserves.
- Sponsor: KLK Enerji Üretim A.Ş.
- Parent company: Kolin Group, Limak Holding, Kalyon Group
- Location: Uluköy village, Dinar district, Afyon province, Turkey
- Coordinates: 38.1999839, 30.2705505 (exact)
- Status: proposed
- Production: 5.5 MTPA
- Mineable Reserves: 48 MT
- Coal type: Lignite
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- KLK Madencilik Uluköy Termik Santralı ÇED süreci başladı, Enerji Günlüğü, June 14, 2013.
- KLK Madencilik ve Elektrik Enerjisi A.Ş., Uluköy Termik Santrali ve Santrala Yakıt Sağlayan Maden Sahası ÇED Başvuru Dosyası, submitted to Ministry of Environment & Urban Planning, 2013.
- Dinar'da termik santral için ÇED raporu toplantısı, 03 Haber, July 19, 2013.
- Feasibility report, Kulak Group, 2014
- "KLK Enerji'nin devredilmesine RK izni," Enerji Günlüğü, 26 September 2016