Alton Steel plant
|This article is part of the Global Steel Plant Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
Alton Steel plant is a 680.389-thousand tonnes per annum (ttpa) electric arc furnace (EAF) steel plant in Illinois, in United States. Alton Steel plant operates a electric arc furnace (EAF).
The map below shows the exact location of the steel plant in Alton, in United States.
- Location: #5 Cut St, Alton, IL 62002 United States
- GPS Coordinates: 38.884465,-90.14579 (exact)
- Plant status: operating
- Start year: 2003
- State-owned entity status: N/A
- Parent company: Alton Steel Inc [100%]
- Parent company PermID: 5031877513
- Owner: Alton Steel Inc
- Owner company PermID: 5031877513
- Crude steel production capacities (thousand tonnes per annum): 680.38875
- Electric arc furnace (EAF): 680.38875
- Steel product category: finished rolled
- Steel products: SBQ; coil; MBQ; RCS
- Workforce size: 250
- Main production equipment: electric arc furnace (EAF)
- Detailed production equipment: 1 EAF (181-tonne)
Articles and Resources
- "Alton Steel - Special Bar Quality Steel (SBQ) Bar Manufacturer". Alton Steel. Archived from the original on January 26, 2022. Retrieved January 18, 2022.
- "Alton Steel is Now an Employee Owned Company" (PDF). Alton Steel Inc. Archived from the original (PDF) on October 5, 2019. Retrieved January 18, 2022.
- "Alton Steel - Special Bar Quality Steel (SBQ) Bar Manufacturer". Alton Steel. Archived from the original on December 10, 2021. Retrieved January 15, 2022.