Amasra coal mine
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of Turkey and coal.|
The Amasra coal mine is an underground mine, operated by Amasra Taskomuru Isletme Muessesesi, a TTK subsidiary, near Amasra, Bartin, Turkey. The mine is located in the Zonguldak coalfield alongside four other mines, Armutçuk, Kozlu, Üzülmez and Karadon.:37,41
The map below shows the location of the mine near Amasra, Bartin, Turkey. Two private companies mine in Amasra.
Coal mining in Amasra began in 1848, and private enterprises maintained mining activities in the region until 1940. In 1953, mining in the coalfield was nationalized, and the first mine to be built with public capital in Amasra started operations the same year. Between 1953 and 1994 the mine was operated by a series of public companies, and in September 1994 the Amasra İşletme Müdürlüğü (Amasra Operating Directorate) was established under TTK to operate the Amasra mine. In 1998 the Amasra İşletme Müdürlüğü was re-organized as a corporate body and renamed the Amasra Taşkömürü İşletme Müessesesi (Amasra Hard Coal Operating Corporation).
As of 2020, the mine employed 1093 people, of which 974 were designated as laborers, 86 as office workers, 5 as health workers, and 28 as security guards.:45 The same year it was reported that the mine had 385 thousand tons ready reserves, 5.6 million tons proven reserves, 7.7 million tons probable reserves, and 56.6 million tons possible reserves according TTK's categorization.:73 Thus, the mine had 6 million tons in proven reserves (ready and proven) and 64.3 million tons in probable reserves (probable and possible). In 2020 the mine produced 116 thousand tons of raw coal, and 46 thousand tons of saleable coal:75
- Owner: Amasra Taşkömürü İşletme Müessesesi
- Parent company: TTK
- Location: Amasra, Bartin, Turkey
- GPS coordinates:41.721848, 32.349063 (exact)
- Mine status: Operating
- Start year: 1953
- Total reserves: 70,299,859 metric tons
- Proven reserves: 5,990,000 metric tons
- Probable reserves: 64,309,859 metric tons
- Production: 46,516 tons
- Coal type: hard coal
- Mine size:
- Mine type: underground
- Production: 5 MTA
Articles and resources
- Report (June 2021) 2020 Faaliyet Raporu . Türkiye Taşkömürü Kurumu. Report.
- "RODEVANSLI_SAHALAR", TTK website, accessed March 2018
- "Amasra T.İ.M." Türkiye Taşkömürü Kurumnu. Retrieved June 17, 2021.
- "2014 Minerals Yearbook: Turkey", United States Geological Survey, Sept. 2016, page 46.22
- Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; no text was provided for refs named