Andres LNG Terminal
|This article is part of the Global Fossil Infrastructure Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
Andres LNG Terminal is a liquified natural gas (LNG) import terminal in Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic.
It is located in Andres, Boca Chica, Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic.
- Parent: AES
- Location: Andres, Boca Chica, Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
- Coordinates: 18.453889, -69.606389 (approximate)
- Capacity: 1.9 mtpa, 0.27 bcfd
- Additional Proposed Capacity:
- Status: Operating
- Type: Import
- Start Year: 2003
Note: mtpa = million tonnes per year; bcfd = billion cubic feet per day
Andres LNG Terminal is an LNG terminal in Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic that was commissioned in February 2003. The terminal provides natural gas to AES Dominicana's two natural gas-fired power plants, 50 industrial customers, two third-party power plants, and 15,000 vehicles.
AES awarded a lump-sum turnkey engineering, procurement, and construction contract to CB&I for the LNG import terminal. It includes a 160,000 m3 LNG storage tank, three unloading arms capable of unloading LNG vessels at a rate of 10,500 m3 per hour, and a vaporizer.
In August 2015, AES Dominica announced that it would offer LNG bunkering at the Andres LNG Terminal, and that it had begun work to modify the terminal for LNG reloads onto vessels sized between 10,000 m3 and 60,000 m3. The Andres LNG terminal completed its first LNG reload in February 2017, reloading between 60,000 and 70,000 m3 of LNG from the terminal onto the 138,826 m3 Cadiz Knutsen for delivery to the United Kingdom's Grain LNG Terminal.
Articles and resources
- Andres LNG Terminal, A Barrel Full, accessed April 2017
- The Dominican Republic LNG Import Terminal: Challenges in Engineering, Procurement and Construction, LNG Journal, January/February 2004
- AES LNG, AES, accessed September 2017
- Andres LNG terminal to offer trans-shipment, bunkering, LNG World News, 13 Aug. 2015
- Dominican Republic's Andres LNG terminal completes first ever reload, S&P Global Platts, 14 Feb. 2017