Angren coal mine
|This article is part of the Global Coal Mine Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
Angren coal mine is a proposed surface mine, operated by Uzbekugol, to produce 4 million tonnes per annum, in Angren, Tashkent, Uzbekistan. The mine will begin production in 2020-2021.
The map below shows the location of the mine.
The new mine was first revealed in the government's "On programme on further development and modernization of coal industry for 2017-2021." As with other projects, it will be financed from the resources of the companies (US$87.5 million), loans of commercial banks (US$155.6 million), loans of the Fund for Reconstruction and Development of Uzbekistan (US$68.7 million) and soft loans of China to the SCO member state (378.7 million).
- Parent company: Uzbekugol
- Location: Angren, Okhangaron, Tashkent, Uzbekistan
- Coordinates: 41.036101, 70.180128 (exact)
- Status: Proposed
- Production: 4 million tonnes per annum
- Start date: 2020
- Coal Type: Lignite
- Mine Type: Surface, open pit
- Consumer: Angren power station
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- David McHutchon, Plans for Modernization of the Uzbekistan Coal Industry, MineEx Forum, Februrary 27, 2017.