Angren coal mine
|This article is part of the Global Coal Mine Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
Angren coal mine is a surface mine, operated by Uzbekugol, to produce 4 million tonnes per annum, in Angren, Tashkent, Uzbekistan.
The map below shows the location of the mine.
The new mine was first revealed in the government's "On programme on further development and modernization of coal industry for 2017-2021." As with other projects, it will be financed from the resources of the companies (US$87.5 million), loans of commercial banks (US$155.6 million), loans of the Fund for Reconstruction and Development of Uzbekistan (US$68.7 million) and soft loans of China to the SCO member state (378.7 million).
- Parent company: Uzbekugol
- Location: Angren, Okhangaron, Tashkent, Uzbekistan
- Coordinates: 41.036101, 70.180128 (exact)
- Status: Operating
- Production: 4 million tonnes per annum
- Start date: 2020
- Coal Type: Lignite
- Mine Type: Surface, open pit
- Consumer: Angren power station
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- David McHutchon, Plans for Modernization of the Uzbekistan Coal Industry, MineEx Forum, Februrary 27, 2017.
- Uzbekugol: 2.6 million tons of coal were produced in the first seven months of 2021, UZ Daily, Aug 16, 2021