ArcelorMittal Barra Mansa steel plant
|This article is part of the Global Steel Plant Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
ArcelorMittal Barra Mansa steel plant (Usina siderúrgica ArcelorMittal Barra Mansa) is an electric steel plant in Barra Mansa, Rio de Janeiro state, Brazil.
The map below shows the location of the steel plant in Bairro Saudade, Barra Mansa, RJ, Brazil.
ArcelorMittal Barra Mansa, also known as Siderúrgica Barra Mansa, was founded in 1937, with the beginning of its activities associated with the origin of Brazil's national steel industry. The company is based in the municipality of Barra Mansa and has a production capacity of 800,000 tons / year.
Siderúrgica Barra Mansa was formerly owned by Brazilian steelmaker Votorantim Siderurgia. In February 2017, ArcelorMittal and Votorantim announced plans to combine their long steel operations in Brazil. Under the deal, concluded in April 2018, Votorantim Siderurgia became a subsidiary of ArcelorMittal Brasil.
ArcelorMittal Brasil temporarily idled its electric arc furnaces #1&2, billet caster and long rolling mill #2 at Barra Mansa in February 2019 in response to market conditions. However, ArcelorMittal affirms that the Barra Mansa plant will continue to play an important role in the company's Brazilian steelmaking operations, and that there will be no impact on finished steel production at Barra Mansa.
- Private/State ownership: Private
- Parent company: ArcelorMittal
- Owner: ArcelorMittal Brasil S.A.
- Alternative plant names: Votorantim Siderurgia (predecessor)
- Other language plant name: Usina siderúrgica ArcelorMittal Barra Mansa (Portuguese)
- Location: Av. Homero Leite 1051, Saudade, Barra Mansa, RJ, Brazil
- GPS Coordinates: -22.525442, -44.191134 (exact)
- Plant status: operating
- Start year: 1937 (age 82–83)
- Production capacities (thousand tonnes per annum):
- Crude steel: 800 (EAF)
- Production (thousand tonnes per annum):
- Crude steel: 720 (EAF, 2019)
- Steel product category: long
- Steel products: rebar, wire rod, bars, sections, wires
- Steel sector end users: civil construction, industrial
- Steelmaking process: electric
- Primary steel production equipment: 2 electric arc furnaces
Articles and resources
- "Siderúrgica Barra Mansa". Wikipédia, a enciclopédia livre. Retrieved 2020-07-31.
- "ArcelorMittal Brazil to idle about 800,000 mt crude steel capacity". S&P Global Platts. February 7, 2019.
- "Votorantim Siderurgia". Wikipedia. Retrieved 2020-07-31.
- "Fact Book 2019" (PDF). ArcelorMittal. January 2020.
- "ArcelorMittal anuncia otimização de operação regional e mantém unidade em Barra Mansa". A Voz da Cidade. February 5, 2019.
- "Unidades | ArcelorMittal". ArcelorMittal Brasil. Retrieved 2020-07-31.
- "Pocket Yearbook 2020: A Siderurgia em Números" (PDF). Instituto Aço Brasil. 2020.
This page uses material from the Wikipedia page [wikipedia.org/Page_Title Page Title] under the provisions of the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.