ArcelorMittal Cleveland steel plant
From Global Energy Monitor
|This article is part of the Global Steel Plant Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
Cleveland-Cliffs Cleveland steel plant is a steel plant in Cleveland, Ohio, United States.
The map below shows the location of the steel plant in Cleveland, Ohio, United States.
- Private/State ownership: private
- Parent company: Cleveland-Cliffs Inc.
- Owner: Cleveland-Cliffs Inc.
- Alternative plant names: ArcelorMittal Cleveland steel plant (predecessor), LTV Steel (predecessor)
- Location: 3060 Eggers Avenue, Cleveland, OH 44105, United States
- GPS Coordinates: 41.464041, -81.676499 (exact)
- Plant status: operating
- Start year: 1913 (age 107–108)
- Production capacities (thousand tonnes per annum):
- Crude steel: 3400 (BOF)
- Production (thousand tonnes per annum):
- Steel product category: flat
- Steel products: hot-rolled, cold-rolled, hot-dipped galvanized, semi-finished slabs
- Steel sector end users: automotive, converters, tubular applications
- Steelmaking process: integrated (BF)
- Primary steel production equipment: coking plant; 2 blast furnaces (BF) (BF#5 (1546m3), BF#6 (1598m3)); 4 basic oxygen furnaces (BOF) (2 BOF began in 1961, 2 BOF began in 1956)
Articles and resources
- Cleveland-Cliffs Inc. Completes Acquisition of ArcelorMittal USA, Cleveland-Cliffs, Dec. 9, 2020
- Cleveland, ArcelorMittal, Retrieved on: May 14, 2020
- About ArcelorMittal Cleveland, ArcelorMittal, Retrieved on: May 14, 2020
- Fact Book 2019, ArcelorMittal, 2020
- 2020 AIST Blast Furnace Roundup, Association for Iron & Steel Technology, Jan. 2020
- Fact Book 2018, ArcelorMittal, Retrieved on: May 14, 2020
- 2020 AIST Basic Oxygen Furnace Roundup, Association for Iron & Steel Technology, Jan. 2020