Ardakan Steel Yazd plant
|This article is part of the Global Steel Plant Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
Ardakan Steel Yazd plant is a 1500-thousand tonnes per annum (ttpa) direct reduced iron steel plant in Yazd, in Iran. Ardakan Steel Yazd plant operates a direct reduced iron (DRI) plant.
The map below shows the exact location of the steel plant in Ardakan, in Iran.
- Location: Yazd, 25 km from Ardakan Road to Nain, Next to Ardakan Pelletization, Iran
- GPS Coordinates: 32.373942, 53.759655 (exact)
- Plant status: operating
- Start year: 2012
- State-owned entity status: N/A
- Parent company: Ardakan Steel [100%]
- Parent company PermID:
- Owner: Ardakan Steel
- Owner company PermID: unknown
- Crude iron capacity (thousand tonnes per annum):
- Sponge iron/Direct reduced iron: 1500
- Additional proposed crude steel capacity (thousand tonnes per annum):
- Steel product category: crude
- Steel products: pellet; DRI; HBI
- Main production equipment: DRI
- Detailed production equipment: 1 DRI plant (began in 2012; Miderks Module 800), pelletizing plant (proposed); EAF (proposed; number unknown)
Articles and Resources
- "About us". Ardakan Steel Complex Co. Retrieved 2022-03-14.
- "Latest Developments in Steelmaking Capacity - 2021" (PDF). OECD. Archived (PDF) from the original on January 27, 2022. Retrieved January 27, 2022.
- "Development Plans". Ardakan Steel Complex Co. Retrieved 2022-03-14.