Bafgh Mineral Complex Iron & Steel Yazd plant
|This article is part of the Global Steel Plant Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
Bafgh Mineral Complex Iron & Steel Yazd plant (also known as B-MISCO) is a 1000-thousand tonnes per annum (ttpa) direct reduced iron-electric arc furnace (DRI-EAF) steel plant in Yazd, in Iran. Bafgh Mineral Complex Iron & Steel Yazd plant operates a direct reduced iron (DRI) and electric arc furnace (EAF).
The map below shows the approximate location of the steel plant in Bafgh, in Iran.
- Alternative plant names: B-MISCO
- Location: Bafgh, Yazd, Iran
- GPS Coordinates: 31.623803, 55.414631 (approximate)
- Plant status: construction
- Start year: 2021 (anticipated)
- State-owned entity status: N/A
- Parent company: Bafgh Mineral Complex Iron & Steel Company (B-MISCO) [100%]
- Parent company PermID: unknown
- Owner: Bafgh Mineral Complex Iron & Steel Company (B-MISCO)
- Owner company PermID: unknown
- Crude steel production capacities (thousand tonnes per annum): 1000.0
- Crude iron production capacities (thousand tonnes per annum):
- Steel product category: semi-finished; finished rolled
- Steel products: billet; rebar; sections
- Workforce size: 1100
- Main production equipment: direct reduced iron (DRI) and electric arc furnace (EAF)
- Detailed production equipment: 1 EAF; 1 DRI plant
Articles and Resources
- "Latest Developments in Steelmaking Capacity - 2021" (PDF). OECD. Archived (PDF) from the original on January 27, 2022. Retrieved January 27, 2022.
- "Introduction". Bafgh Mineral Complex (BMISCO). Retrieved 2022-03-14.
- "Home". B-misco. Retrieved 2022-03-14.