Balaram coal mine
The Balaram coal mine is a mine, operated by Mahanadi Coalfields Limited, a subsidiary of Coal India, producing 8 million tonnes per annum, on the Talcher coalfield in Angul, Odisha state, India.
The mine currently has plan for a 7 million tonne expansion to increase capacity to 15 million tonnes per annum.
The map below shows the approximate location of the coal mine, in Angul, Odisha, India with the Bharatpur mine, nearby, in the center of the frame.
Background on Mine
- Sponsor: Mahanadi Coalfields Limited
- Parent company: Coal India
- Location: Angul district, Odisha state, India
- Coordinates: 20.962009, 85.178092 (exact)
- Status: Proposed
- Capacity: 8 million tonnes per annum (with 7 million tonnes per annum proposed expansion)
- Reserves: 756.37 million tonnes
- In service:TBD
- Coal type: Lignite
- Mining method: Surface and Underground
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- Mahanadi Coalfields Limited,Bioprofile of Projects, accessed March 16, 2020
- Coal India, MCL Annual Report 2017-2018,accessed March 16, 2020
- Coal India, Annual Report 2018-2019, accessed March 16, 2020.
- Bioprofile of Projects, MCL website, accessed May 2015.
- Mahanadi Coalfields Limited 2013-14 Annual Report, pp. 20-21.
- Coal Directory of India 2012-13, Ministry of Coal, 2014, p. 2.11.