Bang Pa-in–Kamphaeng Phet–Phichit Oil Pipeline
|This article is part of the Global Fossil Infrastructure Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
Bang Pa-in-Kamphaeng Phet-Phichit Oil Pipeline is an operating pipeline in Thailand.
The pipeline runs from Bang Pa-in, Phra Nakhon, Si District, Ayutthaya Province, Thailand, to the Compressor Station and Pipeline Splitter system Kanpangphet (Kamphaeng Phet) in Kamphaeng Phet District, and splitts off to the oil depot in Phichit, Wachirabarami District, Phichit Province, Thailand.
At Bang Pa-in, the pipeline connects to the Bangkok–Bang Pa-in Oil Pipeline. At the Compressor Station and Pipeline Splitter system Kanpangphet (Kamphaeng Phet) the pipeline connects to the Kamphaeng Phet–Lampang Oil Pipeline. The pipeline also passes through the Ayuthaya depot in Ayuthaya, Phra Nakhon Si Ayutthaya District.
- Owner: Fuel Pipeline Transportation Limited (FPT)
- Parent company: Bangkok Aviation Fuel Services (BAF)
- Capacity: 9 billion liters per year
- Length: 367 kilometers
- Diameter: 14 inches
- Status: Operating
- Start Year: 2019
- Cost: 9.7 billion baht (both phases)
- Associated infrastructure: Bangkok–Bang Pa-in Oil Pipeline; Kamphaeng Phet–Lampang Oil Pipeline
In December 2015 a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) was signed between between the Energy Business Department and Fuel Pipeline Transportation Limited (FPT) for the construction of an oil pipeline in northern Thailand. The pipeline was originally scheduled for completion in December 2018 but was commissioned in March 2019.
This pipeline is the first phase of two, and the Kamphaeng Phet–Lampang Oil Pipeline was later completed as part of the Northern Pipeline System.
Articles and resources
- สายเหนือ กระจายน้ำมันสู่ภาคเหนือสร้างความมั่นคงด้านพลังงานของประเทศ, Thailand Report, Mar. 27, 2019
- Sutabutr, Twarath (Apr 10, 2019). "Update on Oil and Gas Security in Thailand" (PDF). APERC (Ministry of Energy of Thailand). Retrieved 2022-03-10.
- "New oil pipeline in northern Thailand may worsen flooding". Modern Diplomacy. Feb 13, 2020. Retrieved Mar 10, 2022.
- "FPT inaugurates "Northern Fuel Pipeline Transportation System (Bang Pa-in - Lampang)" to strengthen energy security and be environmentally friendly". nationthailand. 2021-12-24. Retrieved 2022-03-10.
- Limited, Bangkok Post Public Company. "FPT offers pipeline service". Bangkok Post. Retrieved 2022-03-10.
- MoU for the extension of northern fuel pipeline system signed today, forum.thaivisa.com, Dec. 21, 2015