Barnaulskaya-3 power station
|This article is part of the Global Energy Monitor coverage of Russia and coal|
Barnaulskaya-3 power station (or Barnaul-3 power station) is a 470-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in Altai territory, Russia.
The undated satellite photo below shows the plant, which is in Industrialny rayon, Barnaul city, Altai territory.
Background on Plant
In November 2017 a notary for Banaulskaya-3 was convicted of embezzling 38 millions rubles from the plant, and was sentenced to four years and three months in prison.
- Sponsor: TGC-12 (Kuzbassenergo)
- Parent company: SUEK
- Location: Industrialny rayon, Barnaul city, Altai territory, Russia
- Coordinates: 53.335634, 83.610099 (exact)
- Status: Operating
- Gross capacity: 470 MW (Unit 1: 50 MW; Units 2-3: 210 MW)
- Type: Subcritical
- In service: 1978 (Unit 1); 1982 (Unit 2); 1985 (Unit 3)
- Coal type: Sub-bituminous
- Coal source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- Global Power Plant Database, World Resources Institute, Version 1.0.0, April 2018.
- Barnaulskaya CHPS-3 Russia, Global Energy Observatory, accessed June 2018.
- Барнаульская ТЭЦ-3, Wikipedia (Russian), accessed June 2018.
- В БАРНАУЛЕ ОСУДИЛИ НОТАРИУСА, ОБМАНУВШУЮ 300 ТЫСЯЧ АКЦИОНЕРОВ ПРЕДПРИЯТИЙ ТЕПЛОЭНЕРГЕТИКИ, bankfax.ru, Nov. 22, 2017