SUEK (also known as the Siberian Coal Energy Company), is a privately-owned company which is the largest producer of thermal coal in Russia. It has also invested in a range of Siberian and Far Eastern electricity generation companies which it states have an installed capacity of 13 gigawatts.
In 2007, SUEK produced 90.9 million tons of coal of which 25.8 million tons was exported.
A November 2007 presentation to investment analysts by the President of BHP Billiton Coal, Dave Murray, noted that Drummond had an 4% share of the global coal export trade, making it the eight largest coal exporter in the world.
On its website the company states that 99.84% of its shares are owned by Donalink Ltd.
Website: http://www.suek.ru/en/index.php (English)
Articles and Resources
- SUEK, "Key facts", SUEK website, accessed August 2008.
- Dave Murray, "BHP Billiton Coal CSG Anlayst Visit: Hunter Valley Energy Coal", BHP Billiton, November 2nd, 2007.
- SUEK, "Capital Structure", SUEK website, accessed August 2008.
Related GEM.wiki articles
- Russia and coal
- Global use and production of coal
- Corporate market share of global coal export trade
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|