Bharatiya Rail Bijlee Company
The Bharatiya Rail Bijlee Company is a joint venture company formed by the Ministry of Railways and the National Thermal Power Corporation. The company is currently building the 1,000 megawatt (MW) coal-fired Nabinagar I power station at Nabinagar in Bihar, India.
The project is at an advanced stage of construction. The power station would primarily be used to supply power to the Eastern and Western districts of Railways operations in the states of Bihar, Jharkhand, West Bengal, Chhatisgarh, Maharashtra, Gujarat and Madhya Pradesh.
The company was formed on November 22, 2007 with 74% of the equity held by NTPC and 26% by the Ministry of Railways, Govt. of India.
Articles and resources
- National Thermal Power Corporation, "Future Capacity Additions", National Thermal Power Corporation website, accessed May 2011.
- "Projects Info | 18-24 August, 2008", Construction Update.com, accessed December 2011.
- Mamata Banerjee, Minister for Railways, "Speech of Mamata Banerjee introducing the Railway Budget 2011-12", February 25th, 2011.
- "Railways to set up 1000 MW power plant in Nabinagar", Economic Times, July 31, 2009.
- NTPC, "Subsidiaries", National Thermal Power Corporation website, accessed December 2011.
- National Thermal Power Corporation, "Nabinagar Thermal Power Project Bidin Doc for coal Handling Plant", National Thermal Power Corporation, December 14, 2009.