Bharatpur coal mine
|This article is part of the |
Global Coal Mine Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.
The Bharatpur coal mine is operated by Mahanadi Coalfields Limited, a subsidiary of Coal India, with a capacity of 20 million tonnes per annum, on the Talcher coalfield in Angul, Odisha state, India.
Background on Mine
In 2019 a landslide killed four miners and injured at least ten more. Debris from the slide trapped miners inside the mine. 
- Sponsor: Mahanadi Coalfields Limited
- Parent company: Coal India
- Location: Angul district, Odisha state, India
- Coordinates: 20.957530, 85.128911 (exact)
- Status: Operating
- Capacity: 20 million tonnes per annum
- Mineable Reserves: 113 million tonnes
- In service:1982
- Coal type: Lignite
- Mining method: Surface
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- Mahanadi Coalfields Limited,Bioprofile of Projects, accessed March 16, 2020
- Coal India, MCL Annual Report 2017-2018,accessed March 16, 2020
- Coal India, Annual Report 2018-2019, accessed March 16, 2020.
- Bioprofile of Projects, MCL website, accessed May 2015.
- Scroll India, "Odisha: Bodies of two more miners found in Bharatpur mine", Scroll.in website, Accessed June 2021
- Mahanadi Coalfields Limited 2013-14 Annual Report, pp. 20-21.
- Coal Directory of India 2012-13, Ministry of Coal, 2014, p. 2.11.