Bhubaneswari coal mine
|This article is part of the Global Coal Mine Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
The Bhubaneswari coal mine is operated by Mahanadi Coalfields Limited, a subsidiary of Coal India, with a capacity of 20 million tonnes per annum, on the Talcher coalfield in Angul, Odisha state, India.
The mine currently has expansion plans to increase capacity by 19.2 million tonnes
Background on Mine
- Sponsor: Mahanadi Coalfields Limited
- Parent company: Coal India
- Location: Angul district, Odisha state, India
- Coordinates: 20.962009, 85.178092 (exact)
- Status: Operating, Proposed
- Capacity: 20 million tonnes per annum exisiting, with 19.2 million tonnes per annum proposed
- Reserves: 364.8 million tonnes
- In service:TBD
- Coal type: Lignite
- Mining method: Surface
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- Mahanadi Coalfields Limited,Bioprofile of Projects, accessed March 16, 2020
- Coal India, MCL Annual Report 2017-2018,accessed March 16, 2020
- Coal India, Annual Report 2018-2019, accessed March 16, 2020.
- Bioprofile of Projects, MCL website, accessed May 2015.
- Mahanadi Coalfields Limited 2013-14 Annual Report, pp. 20-21.
- Coal Directory of India 2012-13, Ministry of Coal, 2014, p. 2.11.