Bhurkunda coal mines
|This article is part of the Global Coal Mine Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
|Please visit Global Energy Monitor to download the dataset|
The Bhurkunda coal mines are a pair of opencast and underground mine, operated by Central Coalfields Limited, a subsidiary of Coal India, on the South Karanpura coalfield in the Ramgarh district Jharkhand state, India.
The mines are part of the Barka Sayal coal mines cluster.
The map below shows the location of the mines.
Background on Mine
- Sponsor: Central Coalfields Limited
- Parent company: Coal India
- Location: Ramgarh district, Jharkhand state, India
- Coordinates: 23.657086, 85.365226 (exact)
- Status: Operating
- Capacity: 1.75 MTPA (Opencast), 0.3 MTPA (Underground).
- Production: 0.68 MTPA (Opencast), 0.04 MTPA (Underground) in 2020
- Reserves: 9.3 Mt Opencast; 4.2 MT Underground
- In service:
- Coal type:
- Mining method: Surface and Underground
- Source of financing: