Bingöl power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of Turkey and coal.|
Bingöl power station, also known as Bingöl-Karlıova power station, is a proposed 150-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in Bingöl province, Turkey.
The map below shows the location of the border between Kiğı and Adaklı districts of Bingöl province; the plant would be built straddling the two districts.
Background on Plant
In February 2013, Aksa Enerji Üretim A.Ş. (a subsidiary of Kazancı Holding) began the environmental permitting process to build a 150 MW coal-fired power plant in Bingöl province. The project would also include a coal mine, and the plant would thus presumably be a mine-to-mouth plant.
In May 2013, Aksa Enerji won a bid to mine a lignite field in Bingöl province with 88 million tons of reserves, and to build an adjacent 150-MW mine-to-mouth coal-fired power plant.
In October 2013, Aksa announced that, due to increases in borrowing costs, the company had decided to cancel the project, and to focus on its Bolu-Goynuk power station project. Aksa paid a $5 million fee to TKI in exchange for cancelling the project.
With no developments since the application, the project appears to be abandoned, although there were reports in 2017 that the project may be tendered to private investors through a royalty agreement. But as of April 2018 there is no further news of the project and it does not appear on the list of Bingöl privatizations. Given the distance of Bingöl from power consumers in the west and delays in other coal plant privatizations the project appears defunct.
- Sponsor: Aksa Enerji Üretim A.Ş.
- Parent company: Kazancı Holding
- Location: Adaklı districts, Bingöl province, Turkey
- Coordinates: 39.31575, 40.889156 (approximate)
- Status: Cancelled
- Detailed status:
- Gross capacity: 150 MW
- Projected in service:
- Coal type:
- Coal source: Turkey
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- Termik Santril İçin Çed Süreci Basladi, Bingöl Online, Feb. 13, 2013.
- Termik Santral ve Kömür Madenciliği İçin Çed Raporu Hazırlanacak, Haberler, Feb. 13, 2013.
- Bingöl Termik Santrali, Kara Atlas, accessed Mar. 2014.
- Bingöl-Karlıova Kömür Sahası Aksa'nın oldu, Enerji Günlügü, May 30, 2013.
- Aksa Enerji Karlıova termik santralini yapmaktan vazgeçti, Emlakkulisi, Oct. 11, 2013.
- Aksa Enerji termik santral sözleşmesinden vazgeçti, FinansTrend, Oct. 11, 2013.
- Communication with CAN Europe, December 2017
- Bingöl İhaleler, Privatization Administration, accessed April 2018.
- ALİ HAYDAR GÜVERÇİNCİ,TWO NEW INDICES FOR THE ASSESSMENT OF REGIONAL TRANSMISSION CONNECTION CAPACITIES pages 65 and 87, MIDDLE EAST TECHNICAL UNIVERSITY, August 2017
- Algedik, ÖnderCoal & Climate Change - 2017 pages 12 and 29, onderalgedik.com, Nov 2017