Block II mines
From Global Energy Monitor
|This article is part of the |
Global Coal Mine Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.
The mines have a combined capacity of 4.5 million tonnes, but produced only 1.65 million tonnes in 2019.
The map below shows the approximate location of the Cluster 2 coal mines, in Dhanbad, Jharkhand, India.
- Sponsor: Bharat Coking Coal Limited
- Parent company: Coal India
- Location: Dhanbad, Jharkhand, India
- Coordinates: 23.781738, 86.227241 (approximate)
- Status: Operating
- Capacity: Block II opencast mine (4 MTPA), Block II underground mine (0.45).
- Reserves: Block II opencast (102.16 MT), Block II underground (10.63 MT).
- In service:
- Coal type: Bituminous
- Mining method: underground and opencast
Articles and resources
- Paryavaran Bhawan,Cluster II, Ministry of Environment, Forests, & Climate Change, February 6, 2013.