Cluster No. 2 (BCCL)
Cluster 2 (BCCL) is a group of five underground and opencast coal mines operated by Bharat Coking Coal Limited, a subsidiary of Coal India, with a combined capacity of 15.55 million tonnes-per-annum (MTPA) in Dhanbad, Jharkhand, India.
The map below shows the approximate location of the Cluster 2 coal mines, in Dhanbad, Jharkhand, India.
- Sponsor: Bharat Coking Coal Limited
- Parent company: Coal India
- Location: Dhanbad, Jharkhand, India
- Coordinates: 23.781738, 86.227241 (approximate)
- Status: Operating
- Capacity: Block II mines (4.45 MTPA), Jamunia (1.20 MTPA), Shatabdi (1.40 MTPA), Muraidih mines (5.50 MTPA), and Phularitand opencast (3 MTPA)
- Reserves: Block II mines (113 MT), Jamunia (7.2 MT), Shatabdi (39 MT), Muraidih mines (143 MT), and Phularitand opencast (53.45 MT)
- In service:
- Coal type:
- Mining method: underground and opencast
Articles and resources
- Paryavaran Bhawan,Cluster II, Ministry of Environment, Forests, & Climate Change, February 6, 2013.