The Muraidih mines are underground and opencast coal mines operated by Bharat Coking Coal Limited, a subsidiary of Coal India, with a combined capacity of 5.5 million tonnes-per-annum (MTPA) in Dhanbad, Jharkhand, India. They are located in Cluster 2.
The map below shows the approximate location of the Cluster 2 coal mines, in Dhanbad, Jharkhand, India.
- Sponsor: Bharat Coking Coal Limited
- Parent company: Coal India
- Location: Dhanbad, Jharkhand, India
- Coordinates: 23.781738, 86.227241 (approximate)
- Status: Operating
- Capacity: 5.5 MTPA
- Reserves: Muraidih opencast (18.89 MT), Muraidih underground (25.16 MT).
- In service:
- Coal type:
- Mining method: underground and opencast
Articles and resources
- Paryavaran Bhawan,Cluster II, Ministry of Environment, Forests, & Climate Change, February 6, 2013.