BlueScope New Zealand Steel Glenbrook
|This article is part of the Global Steel Plant Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
BlueScope New Zealand Steel Glenbrook (also known as Glenbrook Steelworks) is a 650-thousand tonnes per annum (ttpa) steel plant in South Auckland, in New Zealand. BlueScope New Zealand Steel Glenbrook operates a direct reduced iron (DRI) and basic oxygen furnace (BOF).
The map below shows the exact location of the steel plant in Glenbrook, in New Zealand.
- Alternative plant names: Glenbrook Steelworks
- Location: Mission Bush Road, Glenbrook, South Auckland, New Zealand
- GPS Coordinates: -37.206878, 174.728098 (exact)
- Plant status: operating
- Start year: 1969
- Parent company: BlueScope Steel Ltd [100%]
- Parent company PermID: 4295858761 [100%]
- Owner: New Zealand Steel Ltd
- Owner company PermID: 4296769985
- Crude steel production capacities (thousand tonnes per annum): 650.0
- Basic oxygen furnace / Blast furnace (BOF/BF): 650
- Crude iron production capacities (thousand tonnes per annum): 650
- Sponge iron/Direct reduced iron: 650
- Steel product category: semi-finished; finished rolled
- Steel products: slab; hot rolled products; cold rolled products
- Steel sector end users: building and infrastructure; steel packaging; tools and machinery
- Workforce size: 1400
- ISO14001 certification year: 2021
- Main production equipment: DRI, BOF
- Detailed production equipment: 1 converter (KOBM converter); 1 DRI plant (4 rotary kilns)
Articles and Resources
- "New Zealand". BlueScope Corporate. Archived from the original on March 19, 2022. Retrieved March 19, 2022.
- "New Zealand Steel Through The Years". New Zealand Steel. Retrieved 2022-04-12.
- "Steel Making". New Zealand Steel. Retrieved 2022-04-12.
- "Iron Making". New Zealand Steel. Archived from the original on March 20, 2022. Retrieved March 20, 2022.
- "ISO14001 Certificate" (PDF). New Zealand Steel. Retrieved 2022-04-12.