Bojonegara Serang power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of Indonesia and coal|
Bojonegara Serang power station was a proposed 750-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in Banten Province, Indonesia.
The map below shows the location of Bojonegara District, the location of the plant's site, in Serang Regency, Banten Province.
According to Platts, the two-unit, 750-MW coal-fired Bojonegara Serang power station is currently in the planning stages of development; however, Platts incorrectly lists the plant as being in West Java Province, so it's possible that there was some confusion here.
A search through the 2012 annual report of Indika Inti Energi shows no mention of Bojonegara. Likewise, neither the PLN 10-year plan nor an April 2014 presentation on the Fast Track Program Phase I show a project by this name or a project that matches its parameters.
With no updates since 2014, the project appears to be cancelled. It is possible that this proposal is either identical to or was superseded by the Jawa-7 power station, which is located in Bojonegara District.
- Sponsor: PT Indika Inti Energi
- Parent company: PT PLN IPP
- Location: Bojonegara District, Serang Regency, Banten Province, Java, Indonesia
- Coordinates: -5.971, 106.094 (approximate)
- Status: Cancelled
- Gross Capacity: 750 MW (Units 1 & 2: 375 MW)
- Type: Supercritical
- Projected in service:
- Coal Type:
- Coal Source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- "World Electric Power Plants Database,", Platts, December 2013. The database is not available online but can be purchased from Platts.
- "BOJONEGARA SERANG (Planned)" Carbon Monitoring for Action, accessed April 1, 2014.
- "Building on Synergies," 2012 Annual Report of Indika Energy
- “Electricity Policy Development & Investment Opportunity in Indonesia,” presentation by Ministry Energy and Mineral Resources, Directorate General of Electricity, March 2014
- “PLN Long Term Electricity Plan (2013-2023),” presentation by Moch. Sofyan, Head of New & Renewable Division of PT PLN (Persero), 06 March 2014