Boschkrans coal project
|This article is part of the |
Global Coal Mine Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.
The Boschkrans coal project is a proposed coal project, owned by Puckree Group, to produce 1.2 million tonnes per annum, near Bethal in Mpumalanga, South Africa.
With no project updates publicized in recent years, the project appears to be shelved.
The image below shows the approximate location of the proposed mine.
Boschkrans was originally planned as an underground mine, however the acquisition of an adjacent prospecting right will enable the mine to begin mining with opencast methods and later use underground methods. This also increases the reserves.
The status of Boschkrans is that once regulatory approval for the acquisition is in place, further exploration drilling will be done. As of June 2018, four Prospecting Rights have been drilled to measure resource status at Boschkrans.
- Owner: Puckree Group
- Location: Near Bethal, in Govan Mbeki Municipality, Gert Sibande district, Mpumalanga province
- GPS Coordinates: -26.3719534, 29.7055655 (approximate)
- Status: Shelved
- Production Capacity: 1.2 Mtpa
- Total Resource:
- Mineable Reserves: 31 Mt
- Coal Type:
- Mine Size:
- Mine Type: open cast, underground
- Start Year:
- Source of Financing:
Related GEM.wiki articles
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 "PROJECT PIPELINE," "Puckree Group website," accessed August 2020.
- ↑ "Presentation at Junior Indaba," "Puckree Group," June 5-6, 2018.