Bukit Asam (Persero) coal mines
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of Indonesia and coal|
The Bukit Asam (Persero) coal mines (PTBA) are a network of opencast and underground mines, operated by PT Bukit Asam (Persero), scattered throughout Indonesia, in the provinces of East Kalimantan, South Kalimantan, Riau, West Sumatra, and South Sumatra.
The map below shows the approximate location of the Tanjung Enim coal mine in South Sumatra, Indonesia
PT Bukit Asam (Persero) operates the PTBA mines.
- Sponsor: PT Bukit Asam (Persero)
- Parent company:
- Location: South Sumatra, Indonesia
- Coordinates: -3.739981, 103.768323 (approximate)
- Status: operating
- Capacity: 19 MTPA
- Production: 30.04 million tonnes (2021); 24.21 million tonnes (2020); 27.26 million tonnes (2019).
- Reserves: 3,000 million tonnes
- In service:
- Coal type:
- Mining method: opencast, underground
Articles and resources
- Indonesia's Bukit Asam to raise 2017 coal output by 26 percent: CEO
- Corporate Presentation, accessed April 18, 2020
- PTBA Records Net Profit Rp8 Trillion, Company website, March 07, 2022
- LAPORAN KINERJA TAHUN 2020, ENERGI DAN SUMBERDAYA MINERAL, 2020
- Indonesian Coal Book 2020/2021