Bulian power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Bulian power station (国电建投内蒙古能源公司布连电厂) is a 1,320-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region, China.
An additional 2,000 MW has been proposed.
The map below shows the location of the plant, in Yijinhuoluo (Ejin Horo) Banner, Ordos Prefecture, Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region.
Background on Plant
In 2014 China Guodian said it was planning an additional 2 x 1,000 MW at the power station.
2016: Nationwide Restrictions Imposed on Development of Coal-Fired Power Capacity
Due to new restrictions announced during 2016 by the National Energy Administration and the National Development and Reform Commission, further capacity expansions at this location appear to be on hold or cancelled. For details, see China's 2016 Restrictions on Development of Coal-Fired Power Capacity.
On August 28 2017, China's State-owned Assets Supervision and Administration Commission of the State Council (SASAC) announced that China Guodian Corporation and Shenhua Group will be jointly restructured. Shenhua Group will become China National Energy Investment Group and will absorb China Guodian Corporation. It will be the largest power company in the world by installed capacity, as well as the world's largest coal producer. The merger was completed on November 28, 2017.
- Sponsor: Guodian Jiantou Inner Mongolia Energy Co
- Parent Company: Hebei Construction & Investment Group, National Energy Investment Group
- Location: Yijinhuoluo (Ejin Horo) Banner, Ordos Prefecture, Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region, China
- Coordinates: 39.30101, 109.96856 (exact)
- Status: Operating (Units 1-2); Cancelled (Units 3-4)
- Gross capacity: 1,320 MW (Units 1 & 2: 660 MW); 2,000 MW (Units 3 & 4: 1,000 MW)
- Type: Ultra-supercritical
- In service: 2013 (Units 1-2)
- Coal type: Bituminous
- Coal source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- "Bulian," Coal-Fired Plants in China - Inner Mongolia, accessed December 2014
- "布连察哈素项目：能源基地建设新实践," China Guodian website, 2014/01/08
- "布连察哈素项目：能源基地建设新实践," 国电电力, 2014/1/8
- "Factbox: Shenhua and Guodian - China's latest state marriage". Reuters. 29 August 2017. Retrieved 30 August 2017.
- "China Is Creating the World's Largest Power Company". Bloomberg News. 28 August 2017. Retrieved 29 August 2017.
- "China’s Newly-Established National Energy Investment Group Sets World Records in Its Sector, With Assets of Over CNY1.8 Trillion," Yicai Global, 11-28-2017