Bulian power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Bulian power station (国电建投内蒙古能源公司布连电厂) is a 1,320-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region, China.
An additional 2,000 MW has been proposed.
The map below shows the location of the plant, in Yijinhuoluo (Ejin Horo) Banner, Ordos Prefecture, Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region.
Background on Plant
In 2014 China Guodian said it was planning an additional 2 x 1,000 MW at the power station.
Nothing became of the proposal until January 2021, when it was reported the 2 x 1,000 MW coal project was being revived to back up the use of solar power.
On August 28 2017, China's State-owned Assets Supervision and Administration Commission of the State Council (SASAC) announced that China Guodian Corporation and Shenhua Group will be jointly restructured. Shenhua Group will become China National Energy Investment Group and will absorb China Guodian Corporation. It will be the largest power company in the world by installed capacity, as well as the world's largest coal producer. The merger was completed on November 28, 2017.
- Sponsor: Guodian Jiantou Inner Mongolia Energy Co
- Parent Company: Hebei Construction & Investment Group, National Energy Investment Group
- Location: Yijinhuoluo (Ejin Horo) Banner, Ordos Prefecture, Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region, China
- Coordinates: 39.30101, 109.96856 (exact)
- Status: Operating (Units 1-2); Announced (Units 3-4)
- Gross capacity: 1,320 MW (Units 1 & 2: 660 MW); 2,000 MW (Units 3 & 4: 1,000 MW)
- Type: Ultra-supercritical
- Start year: 2013 (Units 1-2)
- Coal type: Bituminous
- Coal source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- "Bulian," Coal-Fired Plants in China - Inner Mongolia, accessed December 2014
- "布连察哈素项目：能源基地建设新实践," China Guodian website, 2014/01/08
- "布连察哈素项目：能源基地建设新实践," 国电电力, 2014/1/8
- "含布连二期火电项目200万千瓦！国电电力鄂尔多斯智慧能源基地伊旗"农光一体"光伏项目可研报告评审会召 - 北极星火力发电网". news.bjx.com.cn. 2021-01-04. Retrieved 2021-01-05.
- "Factbox: Shenhua and Guodian - China's latest state marriage". Reuters. 29 August 2017. Retrieved 30 August 2017.
- "China Is Creating the World's Largest Power Company". Bloomberg News. 28 August 2017. Retrieved 29 August 2017.
- "China’s Newly-Established National Energy Investment Group Sets World Records in Its Sector, With Assets of Over CNY1.8 Trillion," Yicai Global, 11-28-2017