Bursa coal mine
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of Turkey and coal.|
The Bursa coal mine is an opencast lignite mine, operated by Bursa Lignite Enterprise (Bursa Linyitleri lsletmesi Mudurlu), a subsidiary of TKI, with a capacity of 2.6 million tonnes per annum, in Orhaneli, Turkey.
The map below shows the approximate location of the Bursa mine in Kahramanmaraş Province, Turkey.
In 1978 General Directorate of Mineral Research & Exploration (MTA) started investigating the coal reserves in the Orhaneli district of Bursa. After the coalfield was nationalized in 1979, and production started in 1980.
Between 1979 and 2014, the Bursa coal mine was operated by the Bursa Linyitleri İşletmesi or BLİ (Bursa Lignite Enterprise), a subsidiary of TKI, a public body. While under TKİ, 80% of the mine's production was for the Orhaneli power station.
In 2014, the mine was privatized whereby Çelikler Holding's Çelikler Orhaneli Tunçbilek Elektrik Üretim A.Ş acquired the mine. According to Çelikler Holding's website, the mine produces 1.65 million tons per year.
- Owner: Çelikler Orhaneli Tunçbilek Elektrik Üretim A.Ş
- Parent company: Çelikler Holding
- Location: Orhaneli, Turkey
- GPS coordinates: 39.921991, 28.968405 (approximate)
- Mine status: operating
- Start year: 1980
- Coal type: Lignite
- Mine size: 44,27 hectares or 109 acres
- Mine type: opencast
- Production: 1.65 million tons per year
- Reserves: 99 MT
Articles and resources
- Philip M. Mobbs, "2010 Minerals Yearbook: Turkey", United States Geological Survey, April 2012, page 56.7
- "BURSA-ORHANELİ-HARMANCIK YÖRESİNDEKİ LİNYİT ETÜT VE SONDAJ ÇALIŞMALARI RAPORU". MTA. Retrieved June 21, 2021.
- Burhan Uçaku (2000) Orhaneli Linyitleri'nin Enerji Alanında Kullanılması . Enerji, 32-27. Report.
- (2013) 2012 Yılı Faaliyet Raporu . Türkiye Kömür İşletmeleri Kurumu, 34. Report.
- "3. Proje Grup Başkanlığı Portföyü". Retrieved June 21, 2021.
- "Bursa Linyit İşletmesi". Çelikler Holding. 2014. Retrieved June 21, 2021.
- Association of British Mining Equipment Companies, Turkey Mining Overview, March 2019.