Bursa power station
|Part of the |
Global Coal Plant Tracker,
a Global Energy Monitor project.
|Related coal trackers:|
Bursa power station is a cancelled power station in Keleş/Keleş, Bursa, Türkiye.
Table 1: Project-level location details
|Plant name||Location||Coordinates (WGS 84)|
|Bursa power station||Keleş/Keleş, Bursa, Türkiye||39.90331, 29.17746 (approximate)|
The map below shows the approximate location of the power station.
Table 2: Unit-level details
|Unit name||Status||Fuel(s)||Capacity (MW)||Technology||Start year||Retired year|
|Unit 1||cancelled||coal - lignite||270||subcritical||–||–|
Table 3: Unit-level ownership and operator details
|Unit 1||Çelikler Elektrik Üretim AŞ [100.0%]|
In July 2013, the state-owned Turkish Coal Enterprises (TKI) announced that it had awarded Çelikler Elektrik Üretim a contract to build a 270-MW coal-fired power plant near its Bursa-Keleş coal mine. Çelikler has applied for environmental permits for the plant.
According to the Turkey Energy Market Regulatory Authority website, the power station's pre-license expired on October 2, 2017, and it never received an approved EIA permit. With no new applications filed, the project appears to be defunct. In addition, the EIA report was cancelled as of January 2017, and the project is neither on the pre-permit nor permit list of EMRA.
Articles and Resources
- Köylüler, Kozağacı Vadisi'ne kurulması planlanan termik santrali protesto etmek için yürüyüş düzenledi, Normatif, Oct. 21, 2012.
- Keles’te Kurulacak Termik Santral İçin Resmi Başvurular Yapıldı, Madencilik Türkiye, July 13, 2013.
- Çelikler, Bursa Keles’te santral kurma çalışmalarına başladı, Enerji Günlügü, July 10, 2013.
- Bursa'da termik santral protestosu, CNN Türk, Dec. 28, 2007.
- Communication with CAN Europe, June 2018
- "Çevre Envanteri," accessed June 2018
To access additional data, including an interactive map of coal-fired power stations, a downloadable dataset, and summary data, please visit the Global Coal Plant Tracker on the Global Energy Monitor website.