CJ Express Pipeline
|This article is part of the Global Fossil Infrastructure Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
CJ Express Pipeline is a natural gas pipeline in Texas.
The pipeline runs from Panola County, Texas, USA to Hardin County, Texas, USA.
- Owner: Midcoast Energy
- Parent company: ArcLight Capital Partners
- Capacity: 1000 million cubic feet per day
- Length: 172.2 kilometers
- Diameter: 36 inches
- Status: Operating
- Start year: 2021
- Financing: ING and Investec (US$100 million loan)
The pipeline will be incorporated into the existing Midcoast East Texas System and will provide natural gas transportation services directly from the Carthage area to Houston Ship Channel and Gulf Coast markets.
In April of 2019, Midcoast Energy entered into commercial agreements with an anchor shipper and one of the leading producers in the Haynesville, for its CJ Express pipeline. This followed the 2018 open bidding season, which was used to assess commercial support and viability of the pipeline.
Construction is expected to begin in late 2019.
Midcoast Energy made a "positive final investment decision" for the project on February 25, 2020.
In June 2020 it was reported that ArcLight Capital Partners had secured a US$100 million loan from Dutch bank ING and the international banking and wealth management group Investec to fund the construction of the pipeline expansion.
According to the U.S. Energy Information Administration, as of April 2021, project construction was completed in March 2021.
Articles and resources
- Planned Pipelines, Pipeline News, accessed Aug. 17, 2021.
- National Energy and Petrochemical Map , FracTracker, Feb. 28, 2020, accessed Aug. 17, 2021.
- Natural Gas Data, Pipeline Projects Energy Information Administration, accessed July 21, 2020
- Midcpast Energy Announces Anchor Shipper Agreements and Positive FID for its CJ Express Expansion Project, Midcoast Energy, accessed Aug. 17, 2021.
- U.S. natural gas pipeline projects, U.S. Energy Information Administration, Apr. 29, 2021, accessed Aug. 17, 2021.
- Midcoast Energy Completes CJ Express Expansion Project And Announces Anchor Shipper Agreement For Future Market Area Development, Cision PR Newswire, Mar. 30, 2021, accessed Aug. 17, 2021.
- Jamison Cocklin, CJ Express Expansion Signs on Golden Pass LNG for Additional Supply, Apr. 1, 2021, accessed Aug. 17, 2021.
- ArcLight closes on 2-year loan, IJ Global, Jun. 23, 2020, accessed Aug. 17, 2021.
- Midcoast Energy Announces Anchor Shipper Commitment and Binding Open Season for CJ Express Expansion Project, PR Newswire, accessed Aug. 17, 2021.
- CJ Express Pipeline, Todd Law Firm, accessed Aug. 17, 2021.