CJ Express Pipeline
|This article is part of the Global Fossil Infrastructure Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
CJ Express Pipeline is a proposed natural gas pipeline in Texas.
The pipeline will run from Panola County, Texas, USA to Hardin County, Texas, USA.
- Owner: Midcoast Energy
- Parent Company: ArcLight Capital Partners
- Proposed capacity: 1,000 million cubic feet per day
- Length: 172.2 kilometers / 107 miles
- Diameter: 36-inches
- Status: Proposed
- Start Year: 2021
- Financing: ING and Investec (US$100 million loan)
The pipeline will be incorporated into the existing Midcoast East Texas System and will provide natural gas transportation services directly from the Carthage area to Houston Ship Channel and Gulf Coast markets.
In April of 2019, Midcoast Energy entered into commercial agreements with an anchor shipper and one of the leading producers in the Haynesville, for its CJ Express pipeline. This followed the 2018 open bidding season, which was used to assess commercial support and viability of the pipeline.
Construction is expected to begin in late 2019.
Midcoast Energy made a "positive final investment decision" for the project on February 25, 2020.
In June 2020 it was reported that ArcLight Capital Partners had secured a US$100 million loan from Dutch bank ING and the international banking and wealth management group Investec to fund the construction of the pipeline expansion.
Articles and resources
- Planned Pipelines, Pipeline News, accessed October 2018
- National Energy and Petrochemical Map , FracTracker, February 28, 2020
- Natural Gas Data, Pipeline Projects Energy Information Administration, accessed July 21, 2020
- Midcoast Energy. "Midcpast Energy Announces Anchor Shipper Agreements and Positive FID for its CJ Express Expansion Project". midcoastenergy.com. Retrieved 27 February 2020.
- ArcLight closes on 2-year loan, IJ Global, Jun. 23, 2020
- Midcoast Energy Announces Anchor Shipper Commitment and Binding Open Season for CJ Express Expansion Project, PR Newswire, accessed May 2019
- CJ Express Pipeline, Todd Law Firm, accessed September 6, 2019