COC 204 Coal Project
|This article is part of the |
Global Coal Mine Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.
COC 204 Coal Project is a proposed coal mine in the province of Zamboanga Sibugay, Philippines.
The map below shows the approximate location of the coal mine in the province of Zamboanga Sibugay, Philippines.
Coal Operating Contract (COC) 204 was awarded by the DOE to the Philippine National Oil Company Exploration Corporation (PNOC EC) in July 2021. This was for a two-year exploration of two coal blocks (2,000 hectares).
In April 2022, the proposal went on the auction block and PNOC EC invited "all interested bidders, whether local or foreign" to bid for the project.
- Operator: Malangas Coal Corporation
- Owner: Philippine National Oil Company (PNOC)
- Location: Malangas Municipality, Zamboanga Sibugay Province, Philippines
- Coordinates: 7.6628, 122.9883 (approximate)
- Mine Status: Proposed
- Start Year: TBD
- Production Capacity:
- Total Resource:
- Mineable Reserves:
- Coal Type: Subbituminous (Thermal)
- Mine Type: Surface
- Mine Size: 20 km2
- Workforce Size:
- Source of Financing:
Articles and Resources
- Annual Report, PNOC, 2021.
- Block Boundary Survey of Coal Operating Contract No. 204, PNOC EC, 12 April 2022.