Cam Pha Port
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of Vietnam and coal|
Cam Pha Port, which is occasionally referred to as the Cam Pha Coal Port, is the main coal export port in Vietnam. It is located in Cam Pha town, Quang Ninh.
Cam Pha Port is in Quang Ninh, the number one center of Vietnam in terms of coal reserves. Vietnamese mining company Vinacomin plans to store and transport nearly 30 million tonnes of coal at the Cam Pha Port in 2015 (4 million tonnes over 2014), with 22 million tonnes for the domestic market and 1 million tonnes for export.
Vietnam's coal exports has reduced from 24.8 million tonnes in 2007 to 14 million tonnes in 2013. By 2015, the export plan of Vinacomin is reduced to 9 million tonnes. The high quality coal is exported to the EU, Japan, South Korea, Taiwan, and India, while medium-quality dust coal is mainly exported to China.
- Operator: Vinacomin
- Location: Quang Ninh Province, Vietnam
- Coal Capacity (Million tonnes per annum): 30
- Status: Operating
- Type: Domestic use (primary), Exports (EU, Japan, South Korea, Taiwan, China, and India)
- Source of Coal: Quang Ninh Province, Vietnam
Articles and resources
- CamphaPort and Logistics Company, "History and Development Plan", CamphaPort and Logistics Company website, accessed June 2011.
- "Vinacomin: Rising executive capability of Cam Pha Coal Port," Vinacomin, 20/03/2015
- "Seeking to Import Coal to Thermal Power Projects," Vietnam Business, October 02, 2014