Cascade Steel Rolling Mills
|This article is part of the |
Global Steel Plant Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.
Cascade Steel Rolling Mills is a 900 TTPA electric steel plant operating in McMinnville, OR, United States. Cascade Steel Rolling Mills operates an electric arc furnace (EAF).
The map below shows the location of the steel plant in McMinnville, OR, United States.
The Cascade Steel Rolling Mills plant began operating in 1968 and was acquired by Schnitzer Steel in 1984. The plant sells its products to customers located in the western United States. The plant typically uses recycled steel as its input material.
In 2015, Cascade Steel Rolling Mills was fined $7,099 for violating its water pollution permit.
The Good Jobs First Violation Tracker Record lists the plant as having been fined $74,257 in 2018 for other environmental violations.
In June 2019, 97 percent of the 280 workers at the plant voted to strike due to minimal wage raises and lacking benefits.
In May 2021, there was a large fire that damaged equipment that halted production for a few months; the plant restarted its operations in August 2021.
- Location: 3200 NE Highway 99W, McMinnville, OR 97128 US
- GPS Coordinates: 45.228035, -123.163599 (exact)
- Start year: 1968 (age 54–55)
- State-owned entity status: N/A
- Parent company PermID: 4295907880
- Owner company PermID: 4296356119
- Production capacities (thousand tonnes per annum):
- Crude steel: 900 (EAF)
- Production (thousand tonnes per annum):
- Crude steel: unknown (EAF)
- Workforce size: unknown (3032 employees at all Schnitzer locations)
Articles and resources
- 2021 AIST Electric Arc Furnace Roundup, Association for Iron & Steel Technology, Jan. 2021.
- "Cascade Steel Company Profile". www.cascadesteel.com. Retrieved 2022-01-14.
- Loew, Tracy (2015-10-09). "McMinnville steel mill fined for lack of water testing". Statesman Journal. Retrieved 2022-01-14.
- "Cascade Steel Rolling Mills, Inc". violationtracker.goodjobsfirst.org. Retrieved 2022-01-14.
- Goldstein, Jessica (2019-07-13). "Talks continue after workers at Cascade Steel Rolling Mills in Oregon vote overwhelmingly to strike". World Socialist Web Site. Retrieved 2022-01-14.
- "Schnitzer Announces Restart of Production at its Cascade Steel Rolling Mills and Agreement to Acquire Leading US Metal Recycler in the Southeast". www.businesswire.com. 2021-08-17. Retrieved 2022-01-14.
- "Cascade Steel". www.cascadesteel.com. Retrieved 2022-01-14.
- "Cascade Steel Rolling Mills". Dun & Bradstreet. Retrieved 2022-01-14.
- "2020 Sustainability Report" (PDF). Schnitzer Steel. 2020. Retrieved 2022-01-14.
- "Cascade Steel Mill Documents". Cascade Steel. Retrieved 2022-01-14.