Tierra Mojada power station

From Global Energy Monitor
(Redirected from Central CC Tierra Mojada)
Part of the
Global Oil and Gas Plant Tracker,
a Global Energy Monitor project.
Download full dataset
Report an error
Related categories:

Tierra Mojada power station (Central CC Tierra Mojada) is an operating power station of at least 874-megawatts (MW) in Zapotlanejo, Jalisco, Mexico.

Location

Table 1: Project-level location details

Plant name Location Coordinates (WGS 84)
Tierra Mojada power station Zapotlanejo, Jalisco, Mexico 20.551877, -103.07476 (exact)[1]

The map below shows the exact location of the power station.

Loading map...


Unit-level coordinates (WGS 84):

  • Unit 1: 20.551877, -103.07476

Project Details

Table 2: Unit-level details

Unit name Status Fuel(s) Capacity (MW) Technology CHP Start year Retired year
Unit 1 operating[2] fossil gas - natural gas[3] 874[4][2][5] combined cycle[6][2] 2020[2]

CHP is an abbreviation for Combined Heat and Power. It is a technology that produces electricity and thermal energy at high efficiencies. Coal units track this information in the Captive Use section when known.

Table 3: Unit-level ownership and operator details

Unit name Owner
Unit 1 Saavi Energia [100.0%]

Background

Construction began in June 2017 and Power Purchase Agreements were reached with ~70% sold to state owned investment grade off-taker and the remaining ~30% sold to local industrial offtakers.[7] Tierra Mojada uses HA gas turbine technology and digital solutions from GE power.[8][9] Tierra Mojada was designed to operate with Waha gas from the VAG Pipeline but in July 2020 was part of issues in the greater Guadalajara area where Pemex gas was being substituted.[10] Commercial operations began in October 2020.[7] In December 2020, Fitch Ratings gave Tierra Mojada a final rating of BBB indicating a stable outlook.[11]

Articles and Resources

References

  1. https://goo.gl/maps/Dw4HLrsHWoZtNtx49. {{cite web}}: Missing or empty |title= (help)
  2. 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 https://web.archive.org/web/20240125093726/https://www.saavienergia.com/. Archived from the original on 25 January 2024. {{cite web}}: Missing or empty |title= (help)
  3. (PDF) https://web.archive.org/web/20240125143204/https://www.miga.org/sites/default/files/archive/Documents/SPGDisclosures/Manisfestacion%20de%20Impacto%20Ambiental_Tierra%20Mojada.pdf. Archived from the original (PDF) on 25 January 2024. {{cite web}}: Missing or empty |title= (help)
  4. (PDF) https://web.archive.org/web/20240125141327/https://igavim.org/Documentos%20Generados/Documentos%20Generales/2022%20PermisosCREhasta2021.pdf. Archived from the original (PDF) on 25 January 2024. {{cite web}}: Missing or empty |title= (help)
  5. https://web.archive.org/web/20210505201449/https://gereportslatinoamerica.com/guadalajara-estrenar%C3%A1-central-el%C3%A9ctrica-con-turbinas-ha-y-servicios-digitales-de-ge-6305de64276b. Archived from the original on 05 May 2021. {{cite web}}: Check date values in: |archive-date= (help); Missing or empty |title= (help)
  6. https://web.archive.org/web/20240125103507/https://www.naes.com/locations/tierra-mojada/. Archived from the original on 25 January 2024. {{cite web}}: Missing or empty |title= (help)
  7. 7.0 7.1 "In operation - Fisterra Energy". Fisterra Energy (in español). Retrieved 2021-06-24.
  8. Guadalajara will release power plant with HA turbines and GE digital services, GE Reports Latin America, November 9, 2017.
  9. "GE to provide digitally-enabled HA power plant and services for Mexico's Tierra Mojada project | GE News". www.ge.com. Retrieved 2021-06-24.
  10. "Guadalajara natural gas users in underserved despite new pipeline capacity | S&P Global Platts". www.spglobal.com. Retrieved 2021-06-24.
  11. "Fitch Rates Tierra Mojada's Notes 'BBB-'; Outlook Stable". www.fitchratings.com. Retrieved 2021-06-24.{{cite web}}: CS1 maint: url-status (link)

Additional data

To access additional data, including an interactive map of gas-fired power stations, a downloadable dataset, and summary data, please visit the Global Oil and Gas Plant Tracker on the Global Energy Monitor website.