Tierra Mojada power station

From Global Energy Monitor

[español]

Part of the
Global Gas Plant Tracker,
a Global Energy Monitor project.
Report an error
Related categories:

Tierra Mojada power station is a 874-megawatt (MW) gas-fired power plant in the state of Jalisco, Mexico.

Location

The map below shows the approximate location of the power station in Zapotlanejo, the state of Jalisco, Mexico.

Loading map...

Project Details

  • Sponsor: Saavi Energía[1][2]
  • Parent company: Saavi Energía[1][2]
  • Location: Zapotlanejo, the state of Jalisco, Mexico[3]
  • Coordinates: 20.6778, -103.3683 (approximate)
  • Gross capacity: 874 MW
    • Combined-cycle unit: 874 MW[1] (start date 2020[1])

Background

Construction began in June 2017 and Power Purchase Agreements were reached with ~70% sold to state owned investment grade off-taker and the remaining ~30% sold to local industrial offtakers.[4] Tierra Mojada uses HA gas turbine technology and digital solutions from GE power.[5][6] Tierra Mojada was designed to operate with Waha gas from the VAG Pipeline but in July 2020 was part of issues in the greater Guadalajara area where Pemex gas was being substituted.[7] Commercial operations began in October 2020.[4] In December 2020, Fitch Ratings gave Tierra Mojada a final rating of BBB indicating a stable outlook.[8]

Articles and Resources

References

  1. 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 "Combined Cycle Plant - Tierra Mojada". Saavi Energía. Retrieved 2022-12-05.
  2. 2.0 2.1 "Saavi Energía anuncia adquisición de planta de ciclo combinado de 874 MW Tierra Mojada". Milenio. November 7, 2022.
  3. WETLAND COMBINED CYCLE TOUR, imeplan, November 12, 2019.
  4. 4.0 4.1 "In operation - Fisterra Energy". Fisterra Energy (in español). Retrieved 2021-06-24.
  5. Guadalajara will release power plant with HA turbines and GE digital services, GE Reports Latin America, November 9, 2017.
  6. "GE to provide digitally-enabled HA power plant and services for Mexico's Tierra Mojada project | GE News". www.ge.com. Retrieved 2021-06-24.
  7. "Guadalajara natural gas users in underserved despite new pipeline capacity | S&P Global Platts". www.spglobal.com. Retrieved 2021-06-24.
  8. "Fitch Rates Tierra Mojada's Notes 'BBB-'; Outlook Stable". www.fitchratings.com. Retrieved 2021-06-24.